Call 811 Before You Dig
FREE Line Locating - CALL 811
If you plan on doing any digging on your property, whether to plant a tree or build an addition to your home or garage, please call 811 at least two full business days prior to any digging to have all underground utility lines located and marked on your property. This one-call service then locates all underground utilities, including electric. Northeastern REMC members no longer need to call our office for electric line locating.
For additional information visit www.in.gov/oucc/2380.htm.
- In-ground pool installation
- Home or building additions
- Basketball pole installation
- Concrete work
- Sewer tile installation
- Deck construction
- Drainage tile installation
- Fence installation
Follow these steps, before you begin your project:
- Once you have planned your project, visit www.811Now.com or call 811 to submit your request at least two full working days before digging.
- Provide the following information about the location and plans for your project:
- Street Address
- Type of Work
- Your Name and Title
- Telephone Number
- Best Time to Call
- Start Date and Time
- Contractor Address
- Wait for member facility owners or operators to mark the proposed excavation site.
- Respect the marks. Once all utilities are checked, the ground will be marked with either a dotted line or a flag with “OK” painted on the ground. Dotted lines indicate underground lines and a flag and “OK” mean that there are no facility lines in that location and the area has been checked. Red, yellow, orange and blue markers should be present before you dig, indicating that all necessary utility lines have been checked.
Dig with care.
|Yellow||Gas, Oil, Steam|
|Orange||Telephone, Cable TV, Alarm or Signal Lines|
|Purple||Reclaimed Water, Irrigation and Slurry Lines|
|Green||Sewer and Drain Lines|
|Pink||Temporary Survey Marks, Unknown / Unidentified Facilities|
|White||Proposed Excavation Limits or Routes|