Water Heater Program
Water Heater Program:
Northeastern REMC's water heater program allows co-op members to now select their own brand of 50 gallon or larger electric water heater and receive a $400 energy bill credit.
Specific terms and conditions of this program:
1. Member acknowledges purchase of a new 50 gallon or larger electric water heater by returning a
completed rebate form and a copy of the purchase receipt within 30 days of purchase to
NREMC. Forms/copies can be emailed, faxed, mailed or dropped off in person.
2. The electric water heater must be installed on NREMC lines to be eligible for the rebate.
Installation is the responsibility of the member. It is also the member’s responsibility to contact
NREMC to schedule an appointment for installation verification.
3. A water heater fueled by any source other than electricity is not permitted in the home’s water
heating system. Member should consult with NREMC’s Energy Advisor if there are compliance
4. NREMC will provide a $400 credit to member’s electric bill only after installation verification has
5. Only one (1) rebate will be given per address in any 15 year period.
6. To qualify for this rebate, the member must agree to a Load Management Switch (LMS) being
installed on the water heater. The LMS will be installed by our technician at the time of the water
heater verification. Installation of the LMS is at the discretion of NREMC.
Qualifying units do not include:
- A unit used for geothermal storage
- More than one unit plumbed in series
- A unit for seasonal use
- A unit less than 50 gallon capacity
- A unit installed within a home/business on a non-permanent foundation
No service work will be provided for any water heater under this program.
This program replaces any other water heater program offered by Northeastern.
Installing a water heater: